Saturday, 9 July 2011

One For the Boys and a Tent Card Challenge

I was inspired to make this card for the challenges; 
Crafters' Companion Challenge No.14 - One For the Boys 
and 
Wild Orchid Craft Challenge - A Tent Card (see my last photo here)
Little Darlings Challenge's No 2 - Favourite Colour Combo


I created the backing by using Versa Magic Chalk Ink - in Sea Breeze and a blending tool.  I used Neena Card stock which I prefer for my copics, it also draws the ink for the colour for the sky.

I used my copics and promarkers for the 'Lil Boy, who on this occasion I named Alfie, probably after my daughters Hamster - LOL, but just seemed very fitting.

I used the usual E21 E00 E000 and R00 for the skin and then
a mixture of greens and browns for the clothing.
For the hair I used Promarker Buttercup and Copics Y11 and Y15 ( I think) for the odd highlight.
I cut around the image leaving a small border so that i could suspend him from the front layer of the card, hence the shadow behind him.

I decided to veer away from the old adage 'bue and green should never be seen' as I quite like them together and so I thought it was fitting for the Little Darlings Challenge

The border of the card was stamp with a large leaf Ivy and coloured with Copics, to give the impression of the outdoors.  I added some flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts to give dimension and used the stalks of the flowers to create tendrils, bringing the ivy to life.  I did add a little Crystal Stickles to the tendrils to lift them and to add another dimension.



This is the back of the card.  I kept the theme running through with the clouds and sky and added a bit of Baker's twine, in blue and white, from WOC,  to keep the boy/male theme running through.  Thought I'd go for a bit of artistic display on this one!!!!



Well here is the finished card, showing the tent form of it.  I hope that you like it.  I had other ideas for my Tent Card but I'm glad I stuck with this one n the end.


I have entered this in to:

Wild Orchid Challenge - A Tent Card
Crafter's Companion Challenge No. 14 - One fore the Boys
Little Darlings Challenge's No 2 - Favourite Colour Combo 

I will be selling my cards soon, I hope, in my Folksy shop, Once I've got the boxes made!!!


3 comments:

  1. Oh what a gorgeous card, fab image and colours.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is adorable! Love the image!
    Thanks for joining us at Little Darlings. I hope you come back for our next challenge.

    Hugs, Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great creation in lovely colours! Thanks for playing along at WOC this time, hope to see you again at our next challenge!
    Hugs, Lena K

    ReplyDelete