Tuesday 12 July 2011

Sketch & Summer Challenges

Well saw Donalda's sketch on the LOTV Challenge and  and had to stop what I was doing to put a card together and thought it combined so well with the other challenges of summer and seeing that ours is pretty cool at the moment, thought the blue tones were very apt. 
Loved the sketch for this card - hope you do too!!!




I made the card base from Centura Pearl, Snow White Card Stock from 
Crafter's Companion, it has a lovely pearlescent sheen to it, not sure you pick it up really well in this photo though.  The backing papers are from my stash, from a 'My Minds Eye' paper stack and a Kate Knight paper stack.


Well this is my 'Cool Blue Lil' Girl Fairy' close up.




Usually, I would probably colour her in pinks or lemons, but I decided to go for a blue feel to make a change.  I used a mixture of Copics and Promarkers and the tips of her wings were highlighted with a touch of ultra fine glitter, as were the dandelion leaves.



And here's my artistic crop of the flowers - LOL.  The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts, except for the green lower layered petals, which are from a tin in my stash - thank goodness for a stash!!!!

Hope you like the card, please let me know, love hearing from all you like minded crafting buddies

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

LOTV Challenge 104 - Sketch by Donalda
Dream Valley Challenge 11 - Summer Theme
One Stitch at a Time Challenge 70 - Anything Goes
Scrappy Frogs Challenge Blog - Summer Flowers
One Stop Craft Challenge 139 - Summer Time






6 comments:

  1. Your coloring is stunning. Love the way you added the mix of papers. Thanx for joining us this week at OSAAT. Hope to see you back again soon.
    Renee DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Its gorgeous colouring and its just simply beautiful :-) Thank you for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week, hope to see you again soon! Elaine DT -xxx- p.s I have candy, feel free to come over and enter :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for joining us at OSCC with this pretty card.

    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute and pretty!

    Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful, sweet card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww so cute :D
    Love the pretty dandelion blowing! So so cute :D

    Thanks so much for joining us at Dream VAlley this week xx

    ReplyDelete