Friday 5 August 2011

A Baby Card & Gift

Hi All

Just thought I'd share why I hadn't blogged my crafty bits lately.  Well a good friend of ours has had a beautiful baby girl, who they have named Phoebe, and I wanted to make a special card and gift.  I started with the card. I decided to make it as a hanging frame, spelling the word Baby in pink gingham letters. My daughters a far better photographer than I and I'm afraid these pictures don't really do it justice, but you'll get the idea!


The reverse side of the panels looks like this.

The panels were made with a pearlescent card stock and the letters were cut out using my cricut machine.  I added the butterflies and flowers to each letter, but did not want to overdo the embellishments, so that it didn't detract from the letters.  The panels were joined together with pastel pink ribbon with a small silver bead at the top.  This is the box that I made for it.


Hope you like it and it inspires you with your crafting projects.  Of course the panels can be adapted for whatever you want to celebrate.

In my next blogs I'll show you what I made as the present.

Have fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment