Friday 5 August 2011

Baby Bouquet & Lacey Cardigan

I had seen a Baby Shower gift set that had used baby items folded and rolled to make a bouquet so I thought I would give it ago, with baby socks,  as my gift to go with the card that I had made for my friends new little baby and this is the result. Hope you like it :)
 
The bouquet is sitting in a box, which actually contains the lacey cardigan and a couple of sets of little pyjamas, then there is the layer of tissue paper and the bouquet of socks fills the box (bought from Clinton cards) with the little Miffy toy rattle.  I really enjoyed rolling the socks and you can find examples on You Tube of various methods of rolling.  I watched some and then did my own that worked with the socks that I had bought and that I thought looked like a rose when rolled. I was going to make little leaves, or add artificial ones to add to the effect, but I liked it better without in the end.

Well this is the lacey cardigan that is in the box with the PJs.  I spent a few evenings knitting it and enjoyed it as it grew quite quickly.  I made it with Bamboo yarn as it is more hypoallergenic than most man-made fibers.  the colour is a very soft pink, perfect for a 'little baby girl'.

This is the back view.



Hope you like this and it inspires you in your own crafting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment