Thursday 13 October 2011

Sweet Magnolia and Copics

I was soooo pleased when I saw the theme from Pops for the Magnolia - Anything Goes with Coffee and Cream as an option and also the Copic CMC Challenge of 'Vintage or Distressed' with Copic or Promarkers.  So here's my design.


I love this stamp and just knew I had to have her when I first saw her.  There are so many possibilities with her, Birthday's Christmas, Wishes, all sorts.  

Anyway enough drooling over my stamps, I coloured her with a mixture of Copics and Promarkers, using an assortment of coffee, cream, beige and brown hues.  I ummed and arred over whether to distress the edges of the image, but as I liked her just the way she was, I decided not to and so I layered her onto a matt gold background to give an antique feeling and to keep it in line with my design.    The backing sheet is actually from a card cut down, I liked the vintage edge and the 'Olde English' text that runs across it - yep it's definately 'Olde English' and nope, I'm not that old!!!!!!  

The lace is actually vintage cream lace, which I picked up from a lovely store in Bexhill-on-Sea on the Sussex Coast, it's not a craft shop, just a store that sells all things divine (decadent chocolate for one - LOL).   To blend with the cream lace I topped it with a dark brown grossgrain ribbon, giving the coffee effect, more your espresso than your latte look.   The sentiment is from my stash, had them ages, and love them and the flowers are a mixture from Wild Orchid Crafts and I believe The Craft Barn in Lingfield.  
The flowers are actually cream and brown, although the photo has made the brown ones look red, they're not I promise you - I hope my daughter sorts her camera out soon so I can pinch it off her, the colours come out much better on her SLR than my little point and shoot - oh well. 

Hope you like her - have a great day :)  

I am entering this card into the two challenges then:







7 comments:

  1. She's just lovely! Beautifully coloured, great colour choices and lovely overall design! Thanks so much for joining in the fun over at Color Me Creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did an amazing job and I agree- the edges didn't need to be inked- it looks great! thanks for playing along with us at CMC Copic Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card from the beautiful colouring to the choice of embellishments. Thanks for joining us over at Color me creative,
    H xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful love the sepia look to it
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute little card love the colors...thanks for playing along with us at CMC Challege group
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet card...Tilda looks wonderful in coffee and cream.

    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kazbee. :-) You might want to check my blog. wink ;)

    ReplyDelete