Wednesday 30 November 2011

Calendar Girl - Magnolia

Well here's my little calendar girl





This Magnolia is one of my favourites and as I had not been feeling well lately, I sat with a stamped image (on watercolour paper) and coloured her in with my Prisma Pencils, blending with Sansidor.  It's one of my first projects with these pencils, and even if I say so myself, I was pleased with the outcome.  I did layer her with some Crafter's Companion 'Spray and Shine' afterwards so as to protect her.  She is mounted on a mini wooden spoon which I had picked up in a local store months ago.  

CLOSE UP OF THE FLOWER


 I made the flower by using eight 'foundation white blooms' from Wild Orchid Crafts.  I coloured these with Promarkers and dried them with my hairdryer - LOL, anything is used in the name of craft.  There are two layers for the base and the other layers are folded and glued to the center, I used a pearl brad also from WOC for the center.  (If anyone is interested in how I did them with more info, just let me know and I will put a tutorial together - they are very effective and sturdy, whilst still being flexible).  The calendar came from a local stationery store and the ribbon is from my stash.

I kept the project clean and simple so that it would be appropriate for any setting
and finally

MAGNOLIA
JUST 'COS SHE'S SOOOOO SWEET



Hope you like her and the project too - please let me know



I am entering her into the following challenge:
Just Magnolia Wk 134 - Challenge Pink/White/Red


1 comment:

  1. What a lovely idea for a calendar! Love your coloring and the flower is so pretty!
    Thanks for playing along at Just Magnolia this week; hope to see you again soon!
    PS. I have a blog candy running these days; would love you to enter:)
    Hugs, Iulia

    ReplyDelete