Monday 10 October 2011

LOTV Challenge 115 - Let it Snow

Back to my favourite stamp but with a twist.  I've used all sorts of techniques on this card so I hope you like it! camera's playing up so sorry for the dark piccies :(



The card base is pearlescent with backing paper from my favourite stack at the moment,  First Edition Festive stack.  The ribbon paper is from Papermania and is self adhesive, and I love it.  

Now for the technical bits (LOL); 

The Faded Jeans backing is from a Tim Holtz Coredinations stack and it has been run through my 'Big Shot' with a Sizzix Embossing folder.  I then sanded the card to expose the core.  I made the sentiment in the same way.  I put a silver eyelet through the tag and added a piece of white organza. This has been added tot he card with 3D foam to add dimension.

The image stamping was a little more involved! 

I stamped the image onto Clarity cardstock with Tim Holtz's 'Faded Jeans' Distress Ink, to blend with the Coredinations backing.  I then masked the image with the blotted copy of the stamp and I punched a circle to create the moon, which I positioned on my cardstock where I wanted the moon to appear.  I then used my brayer to roll across the image to create the night sky.  Snowflakes have been stamped onto the main image plate and the tree and snowflakes have been 'Glamour Dusted'.  The corners of the image plate have been punched with a decorative snowflake, and I punched further snowflakes to embellish the backing paper.


The final design was finished with a lovely wooden reindeer embellishment from Wild Orchid Crafts. 

I hope you like my interpretation of 'Let it Snow' for the LOTV Challenge.

I am entering this into;

LOTV Challenge 115 - Let it Snow


2 comments: