Monday 10 October 2011

Crafts and Me - Use a Digi Challenge

I love the digi stamps over at Crafts and Me and seeing that I'm an Aquarian and loving all things, watery and natural, I couldn't resist using their 'Felicia' stamp for this card.


The card base is pearlescent and layered with silver mirri - well what else for a gorgeous mermaid.  There is blue baker twine from WOC, to add the extra nautical touch.  The background is a wash of 'Dew Drop Brilliance Ink' in Pearlescent, Sky Blue, which I painted in swathes to create the feeling of depth and waves; and so to 'Felicia'.  




I coloured Felicia with a mixture of copics and promarkers.  I wanted her beauty to show through naturally, hence the colour palette that I chose for her. She is a beautiful image and  I highlighted her tail with Glamour Dust.  There are blue and green gems, from my stash, forming her stash of jewels and gems along with her collection of shells.  The fish have been coloured vibrantly to express the liveliness of the sea :)

The frame is a digi download that I have had for sometime from Cardmaking Downloads, but which I thought complemented Felicia beautifully.i cut the frame carefully and lifted it with 3D foam tape to add dimension.  I didn't add loads of embellies as I think Felicia speaks for herself!

Hope you like her and thanks for stopping by:)

I am entering her into

Crafts and Me Challenge 55 - Use a Digi










1 comment:

  1. Ooo, Kaz, your Felicia mermaid image looks great on this fabulous card. Lovin' that popped up digi frame too!!! So glad to see your entry at the Crafts and Me Digi team's "Use a Digi" challenge. ~ Rose

    ReplyDelete