Thursday 5 April 2012

Happy Easter!

Haven't blogged for a little while as I have been busy at work and all sorts of other things too! I am glad to say though that I have managed to squeeze some crafting in at last.  I made a Wedding Card for our relatives in the USA but I am gutted that I forgot to take photos of it before we sent it - but I have taken photos of the Easter Cards that I made in the 'in-between' times. (photos taken with my mobile though and so they are not very sharp)




I made nine in total and I have used the following recipe:

Pink and Green Gingham Paper
White Card for sentiment and first nestie layer
Suitable co-ordinating card for the birds and branch - your choice
Nestabilities - Labels One & Edgeabilities
Stampin' Up Bird Punch
Ribbon to contrast
Tim Holtz distress inks, Spun Sugar and Forest Moss
Sponge/ink blender tool
Pinflair glue

I think the pictures show how all the elements were assembled and I inked the edges of the base card, first nestie layer (white) and the sentiment layer.
I am sending gift vouchers for easter this year, easier than eggs in the post!
So here's the inside to hold the vouchers



and for the close-up


I am entering these cards into the 'Crafty Designs Challenge Blog' competitions  and I hope that they will also give some inspiration for a spring or summer card to crafters by changing the sentiment and colours.

Happy Easter To You All 
for this weekend

I shall be enjoying my daughter Kimberley's 20th Birthday

* YAY * 

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful Spring Cards, lovely soft colours, great layout too!

    Thanks for entering our monthly challenge at Crafty Sentiments Designs Monthly.

    Big hugs Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful cards! Thanks for playing with us at CSD
    xoxo Clarissa
    PS: Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea for the gift cards, love the 3d birds, so cute..
    Thanks for joining in with us at CSD monthly challenge..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete