Monday 20 June 2011

Kim's Crafter's Companion & Simon Says Stamp Challenges

 I made this card for Crafter's Companion Monthly Challenge 'Here Comes Summer' and also 'Simon Says Stamp' Bingo Challenge.


I used the SWALK, 'You Are My Sunshine' stamp, fitting for the title. I thought the girl looked so sweet and countrified in her summer dress which I wanted to carry through in the theme of my design.
  I used blue gingham paper that I found in my stash and complimented this with a polka-dot ribbon and punched scalloped card. 


I used square, scalloped nestabilities to mount my image and for layering. On the yellow layer I added Tim Holtz ' Wild Honey' distress ink to add dimension and the blue layer was made by blending Tim Holtz 'Faded Jeans' distress ink.   I used a mix of copic and pro markers to colour her in and used glitter glue to add sparkle to the card.  I used the wording from the SWALK stamp, cut it roughly into an arch shape to compliment the summery, shabby chicness  and then added rose glitter glue to make it shine. I added buttons and adhesive pearls from 'Wild Orchid Crafts' to embelish and because I wanted to carry on the cuteness.



For my finishing touches I used 'Wild Orchid Crafts' roses which I coloured using a pink copic and added a few dabs of glitter to each one to make it look extra special.


Of course, the inside has to look just as good, so I used paper found in my stock and layered a complimentary piece of yellow card which I scalloped sing an EK Success punch, following the theme from the front. I added the LOTV stamp 'Dreaming of Summer Days' to a piece of distressed card and  finished it off with glitter pens. 

I have also entered this in the 'Simon Says Stamp' Challenge - let's play Bingo!
The card fits into the Bingo Challenge with it's 'Buttons, Pearls & Shapes'

Hope you like it!

1 comment:

  1. Very sweet card and I love the country look you gave it with the gingahm etc. Thanks for playing at CC this month and thanks also for entering my candy. Good luck with both. Marianne x

    ReplyDelete