Monday 27 June 2011

Ribbons, Bows, Stitches and Sketch - What a Challenge!

Well I finally found the time to make and blog my challenge entry.  I adore this stamp from LOTV and I wanted something not too overdressed to show her off.



I used some old papers that I had in my stash from the 'Nitwit' Collections, I love the subtlety of them.  I layered the panels onto silver mirri card and hand stitched each layer with silver thread. (hope you can see it OK, daughters fancy camera's battery ran out, so I had to rely on ol' faithful - LOL)


I used two layers of ribbon, one of 'pink tulip' seam binding from Wild Orchid Crafts (WOC) and the overlaid is an organza polka dot ribbon
, again from my stash.  I used one small rose from WOC, which I blinged with a little crystal stickles.  The sentiment is an LOTV layered onto silver mirri.


The image was coloured with my favourite Copics and Promarkers, which I find work really well together.  I used Neenah Card stock for the image as I find that this is best with the marker pens.  I used a couple of gems in baby pink and crystal on the image, and one in her hair, which was layered on silver mirri card.  I couldn't leave the inside out, so here it is.


The inside reflected the front in the three panels in a co-ordinating paper with a punched card topper to write.  The sentiment on the inside matches the one on the front carrying the theme through.


I have decided to enter this into the following challenges:

Lili of the Valley - Follow the Sketch 
Crafts and Me - Stitches


I hope you like this as much as I enjoyed creating it, I'd love to know what you think

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card Kaz, i love the sweet image.Thanx for joining us at Crafts and Me this week.
    (hugs)
    Trish (-:

    ReplyDelete