Saturday 3 September 2011

Sail Away!

Back to crafting after a hubby's holiday.  Didn't go away as I'm still recovering from my heart op. but we managed a few days out together, which was lovely and I left the crafting alone for a few days - oh no - withdrawal symptoms.  Still back to routine - kind of - and as I love this stamp, I couldn't wait to create a card with it, saw Pop's Sketch on the LOTV Challenge and here it is.


I loved creating this card.  I used matting and layering on the backing papers with silver mirri card; the papers are from a Heritage stash set.  The blue band is watercolour paper which I inked with Tim Holtz, Faded Jeans and I then wrapped Bakers Twine (from wild Orchid Crafts) around the card in diagonals.


The image was coloured using promarkers, which worked really well on the watercolour card, even though they draw the ink quite strongly.  I edge the image with Tim Holtz, Antique Linen, to bring the design out.  The sentiment, LOTV stamp, is also on watercolour card and has been stamped using Tim Holtz, Faded Jeans too, to keep the colour theme running through.  I added the buttons as I felt these kept the feel of the design.
Ingeredients:

Stamps: LOTV, Main Image (Sailing Boat)  and Sentiment (Dreamy Days Collection)
Papers: Heritage (Paper Pizazz),  Silver Mirri Card, Watercolour Card
Markers:  Promarkers: China Blue, Cornflower, Musard, Buttercup, Poppy, Cinnamon, Caramel and Sandstone
Embellishments: Buttons and Bakers twine from Wild Orchid Crafts
Tools: Spellbinders Nestabilities - fancy circles


I am entering this card into the following challenges:

LOTV Challenge 110 - Sketch by Pops
I Love Promarkers Challenge 81 - Anything Goes 
Crafty Purple Frog Sep 1 - Birthdays
Passion for Promarkers Challenge 115 - Theme - Anything Goes


8 comments:

  1. Lovely card, cute image. I really like your layout on this A5 card. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that image hun, and great use of Pop's sketch. Brilliant. Hugs Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. Love the LOTV image & a fab layout too. Lovely male card. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers.
    Tine :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi sweetie this is gorgeous love this image, fab colours too,thanks for joining us at LOTV hugs pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card and fab layout and LOTV image, thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Kaz. Thanks for joining us this week at PfP, good luck.
    Tracy. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous card and a great take on the sketch. Thanks for playing along at LOTV this week, hope to see you next time. Good Luck! Hugs Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely card you have made here. I love the LOTV images as well. Thank you for taking part in the Crafty Purple Frog Challenge this fortnight and I wish you the best of luck in the draw. Best wishes, Kym (The Crafty Purple Frog Design Team Member) xxx

    ReplyDelete