Sunday 25 September 2011

Autumn/Fall - it's that time of year


Well even though the weather isn't quite sure what it should be doing (although I don't mind this last summer rush of sun) it should really be the start of that season full of golds, browns and oranges, so here's my take on Autumn.
 

I love this Magnolia image and could just picture her on a lovely, windy autumn day, flying her kite over the fields, with the leaves just beginning to fall from the trees - are you getting the scene? :)

I coloured the image with a mixture of Promarkers and Copics and used a basic form of 'pointillism' to create the background.  The base card is made from a cocoa cardstock that I had in my stash and the green layer is from a paper stack called 'Spring Feast' by First Edition Papers, (lovin' these papers), this was layered onto gold mirri card.  The next layer is 'Rusty Hinge' from Tim Holtz and Rangers Distress Collection.  This was run through my GC in an embossing folder and then distressed with sandpaper.  All the layers were 'hand' stitched (yep - hand stitched).  The leaves were coloured with 'Pumpkin' Promarker and cut using a Woodware embossing punch.  The ticket is from a Tim Holtz range which I stressed I think, rather than distressed!!!!!!! and this is sitting in a Magnolia 'Doo Hickey' die, which I just love, cut from 'Dried Marigold' from the Distress Collection Core'dinations stack. There are three little yellow gems to the top right of the image too - just to add a little pazazz :)

Hope you like this fun little card, setting me up for those Autumn days to come.  if you click on the lower piccie, it will take you to a close-up; hope you enjoy.

Hugs

Kaz Bee

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Bunny Zoe  Monthly Challenge 16 - A Sketch by Debbie


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, thank you for joining our sketch challenge at Bunny Zoe's crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a so sweet card and I love the autumn colours. Hugs, Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the touch of gold you added to this card, it really makes the autumn colors pop. I’m so glad you could play with us at Bunny Zoe’s this month!
    Hugs,
    Dorcas
    Ps) I have some ‘no strings attached’ blog candy up if you’d like to take a peek.

    ReplyDelete