Wednesday 28 September 2011

Aqua, White and Glitter - Lovely

Oh my word, just as I thought we were getting all autumnal the weather goes and finds summer.
It was really misty here yesterday morning, lovely during the day and then the mist rolled in again last night, but today is a beautiful, sunny, glorious day here on the South East Coast.

Well I crafted again and thought I'd use the LOTV Challenge of Aqua, white and Glitter.  Love the colour aqua and it works so well for so many occasions.  I was tempted to do a Christmas design but with the weather so glorious I just had to sneak another summer inspired feel.  Also, I know several folks, who have birthdays late in the year and feel cheated when their cards are always wintery or frosty.
So casting the 'Daddy Long Leg' (crane fly) aside that has decided to join me  this is the card I came up with. 

(Please see last photo as this has the sentiment on which I realised I'd missed off)!!!!!!!!!


The card is white pearlescent and the backing paper, mounted on mirri card is 'Pink Petticoat', from the Wild Blossoms collection, paper stack.  My little fairy friend is coloured with copics and her wings and the dandelion heads are glittered with crystal glamour dust.

I hope you can see this better in the piccie above.  The flowers are from my stash and 'Wild Orchid Crafts' including the pearlised brad.  The buttons are Papermania.  The paper ribbon and crystal hat pins are from my stash and the leaves are cut from white pearlised cardstock with a with a Marianne Creatable die.

Hope you love her as I do :)

Whoops; just realised I'd missed the sentiment off when I saw it on my craft table, so here is the 'finished' card with sentiment!!!!!!



I am entering her into the following challenges:

LOTV Challenge 113 - Aqua, white and Glitter
Birthday Sundaes Challenge 28 - Who's got the Button

5 comments:

  1. I love this stamp its one of my favourites.
    This is so pretty, love the colours.
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card...love your coloring and the color combo. Thanks for joining us at Birthday Sundaes...HUGS...SK :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card!! Love the soft colors and the shaped sentiment is a nice touch! (glad you found it and added it!) Thanks for playing along with my Birthday Sundaes challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card........the colours are so pretty! And I really do love that image!
    Thanks 4 joining us at Birthday Sundaes:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, love the flowers you've used. Thank you for playing along with us in the LOTV challenge!

    ReplyDelete