Friday 8 July 2011

Freshly Baked Apple, Sultana and Cinnamon Bread - Yum

Thought I would share this with you, as this morning instead of crafting I made fresh yoghurt, that is still brewing and this loaf of bread.



Don't know about you but I just love the smell of fresh bread; well almost as much as eating it.  This is made from a flour mix, that I buy from a Farm locally, which is a Apple & Cinnamon Bread Flour, the recipe to then make the bread is as follows (in English imperial measurements) :

1lb 2oz Flour (Apple & Cinnamon already added)
2.5 tsp Dried Yeast
1.5 tsp. Salt
1.5 tsp Sugar
2.5 tsp. Olive Oil
320ml Water (hand warm)
Sultanas - added to preference

I have a bread maker, that I love, and this all goes into that on the dough programme.  When it's ready, about 1.5 hours later, I pop it into a traditional loaf tin, or make rolls and bake accordingly.

If you can't get the ready mixed flavoured flour, I would guess that some dried chopped apple and cinnamon with a bread making mix or bread flour, would give the same results; although you would have to experiment with quantities for your own preferences.

The aroma is delicious, and is calling to me, so I have to go now, off to enjoy with butter and a cup of coffee.

***** YUM *****

No comments:

Post a Comment