Sunday 19 May 2013

Back with Pergamano

As promised back with the project I was working on yesterday.

I am going to a little girl's christening soon and wanted to make a special card that was different.  I enjoy pergamano, so I thought I would include it in my design. I decided I would make a book format card using the 'Bookatrix Board' and that I would do a little dress in parchment with some butterflies, well you have to have butterflies, don't you????

I traced the design of the dress with a white ink pen onto parchment paper and used a dorso crayon to colour the parchment to a soft pinky mauve. I then started to emboss the design, using flicking motions to create movement and veins in the petals and leaves.  When I was happy with the embossing, I started the pricking.   This enabled the effect of layers on the dress.

 So here is the dress and butterflies.



I haven't finished the card yet, it's not assembled, as I want to add some personalised info, reflecting the day etc. , but just to give you an idea of the lay out etc. here's an sea of what s going to look like.


Wishing  you all a lovely day and I'll post the card when it's finished.

Hugs

KazBee

No comments:

Post a Comment