Monday 20 May 2013

Chain Maille Bracelet

I've been making jewellery for some time now, but recently got into Chain Maille.  I like the complexity of the designs and find it really relaxing. 

 I have posted below a picture of a Byzantine style bracelet that I made for my daughter. 



It takes a while to make a bracelet and it does help having all the right tools.  



You start with lots and lots of jump rings.  You then need to open several to be able to start the linking process.



  You don't want to have to open each link as you go to add a new one, so make sure you open quite a few to start.  Always open the links by twisting sideways, do not pull the link ends directly away from each other as you will end up making a weak point in the ring.  There are several patterns that you can make in Chain Maille and the Byzantine is a good starting point.


No comments:

Post a Comment